Our Affiliations, Accreditations & Professional Memberships
Kalamazoo Country Day School is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS) and is a member of the Association of Independent Michigan Schools (AIMS), the Kalamazoo Area Non-Public Schools and the Small Business Administration, and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
The Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS) is a membership organization of 230 independent schools from 13 states of the Midwest region.
The purpose of ISACS is to promote the development of strong learning communities characterized by high achievements, social responsibility, and independence of governance, programs and policies. This goal is achieved through a rigorous accreditation process, targeted professional development programs, and focused support services.
ISACS POLICY GOALS
Maintain the accreditation process at the highest level.
Provide exceptional and accessible professional development opportunities.
Nurture and support school leadership at every level.
Create incentives and design programs to encourage the participation of each member school for the benefit of all member schools.
Ensure a deep commitment to multiculturalism and equity.
Advocate for independent education and for ISACS.
Ensure the financial health of ISACS as an organization.
"Excellence, Equity, and Independence"
Association of Independent Michigan Schools
According to AIMS, the Association of Independent Michigan Schools, here are some reasons to consider an independent school for your child:
• Small classes in which teachers know the students as individuals and serve as role models/guides
• Personal, customized education. Teachers have individual flexibility in curriculum development.
• Challenging course work, often taught by specialists in the field, and a wide-ranging choice of elective and special classes
• Close-knit communities with high expectations for the academic and personal success of their students
• Firm commitment to an emotionally and physically safe environment
• Diverse community offering the opportunity to explore our differences and our similarities
• Partnership of home and school with an emphasis on communication
National Association of Independent Schools